Wine/Valuation

Question
I have a Champagne that was made in 1863, by  Henkel, is it of any value?

Answer
Hi Kauthara

Thank you for this question.  Henkel is a well-known producer of sparking wine, but those wines are not known to age for long periods of time. Even the best begin to show their age after twenty years or so---and this one could be 100 years older than that!

I am afraid it has no charm left in the bottle, and no value to connoisseurs.  You might contact Henkel directly, to see if they are interested in the bottle as a historic curiosity. But I also think it is possible that the date on the bottle is the date of a major award that they won--and perhaps not the vintage date of the bottle.  They would know.

Hope that helps.  I am sorry that I don't have more exciting news for you.

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner