Wine/Abbots Choice Figurine

Question
I have a sealed bottle of Abbots Choice Whisky.  On the bottom it reads Made exclusively for the Abbots Choice Scotch Whisky John McEwan & Co Ltd, Leith Scotland Liquor Bottle Scotland.  It is in perfect condition and has been stored in the back of a cupboard for about 30 years

Thanks

Answer
Hi Anette

OK--the good news is that distilled products like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much over time, for better or for worse, once they are in the bottle.  This one should be fine to drink.  But because they don't change, they also don't appreciate in value the way some fine wines do--it is worth about what a current bottling of nice Scotch is worth.

But there is one more thing to consider.  These figurine bottles can sometimes be colloctors' items.  I am not an expert on collectible bottles, but the guys at antiquebottles.com certainly are.  Drop them a note and see what they say.

And if the bottle isn't valuable, you can drink a nice bottle of Scotch.

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner