Wine/bottle of port

I have a bottle of HMS Melbourne queens silver jubilee 1977 bottle of port and would like to know if this has any value.

On the label it has the HMS Melbourne ship and the above writing

Hi Caroline,

This would have a value to collectors of commemorative Australian 'Ports' and I could suggest a merchant who might make you an offer, but unfortunately they are a few steps away from you - in Tasmania!

Demand in the UK is much lower so I'd rather nor guess at a sale value here. Bid for Wine ( might be able to help though.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.