Wine/cognac

Question
I was given a bottle of CAMUS GRAND vsop  LA GRANDE MARQUE COGNAC
NUMBER 1021 I DESPERATELY WANT TO DRINK IT BUT I AM POOR AND I AM WORRIED IT IS WORTH A LOT OF MONEY
CAN YOU TELL ME IF IT IS WORTH MILLIONS OR THOUSANDS OR MAYBE I WOULD NOT DRINK IT IF IT WAS ONLY WORTH $600, ANYTHING UNDER $600 AND ITS IN MY BELLY.
WHAT DO YOU THINK, IT HAS A NICE RED BOX TWO
It was meant to be 50 yrs old but my auntie bends the truth sometimes

Answer
HI There

It's a nice bottle of Cognac, but it isn't worth any $600 US.  Right now you can buy this in the USA for about $100.  Distiiled spirits like this don't improve with age in the bottle---they alcohol level is too high.  SO the good news is that it's fine to drink. The bad news is that it isn't worth any more than a current bottling.

Drink up !

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner