Wine/Loius XIII

Question
Greetings David. I have a bottle of Louis XIII sealed and in the box which I would like to sell. I don't remember when it was given to me, but it was at least a decade, if not 20-30 years ago. I have an offer on the table and I want to know if it is fair. I have added a link to 4 pictures I thought would be helpful for an appraisal. If you need a clearer shot of anything I am happy to provide you with more pictures. I live in NYC.
http://tinyurl.com/l8mlnej
Thank you in advance,
Mike

Answer
Hi Mike,

This would cost over $2000 to replace, plus taxes, but I wouldn't want to guess how close to that figure you might achieve at auction, less commission of course.

I suggest you take it to one of the leading auctioneers in your area when they next hold a valuation day that's convenient as that way you'd get an accurate estimate that would take the age and condition into account.

Some who might be able to help:

Acker, Merrall & Condit: 160 West 72nd Street, New York, NY 10023
Zachy's: 39 Westmoreland Avenue, White Plains, NY 10606
Christies: 20 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020
Morrell's:  729 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019
Sothebys: 1334 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021

Thanks for the excellent photos and for using Dropbox to show them to me in high quality.

David
.

Wine

David Ling