Wine/Old Moet & Chandon Bottles

I have a variety of old Moet & Chandon Champagne bottles.  They are empty but are corked and sealed with labels.  The largest one is a 3 quarts 8 fluid ounces bottle, another is 1 quart 1 pint fluid ounce, and the smallest is 13 fluid ounces. One of the large bottles is dated 1953 and is labeled Champagne Pommery, so we assume the others are around the same age.  Being that they are empty bottles.....the question of the day, is ..... what are these bottles worth as we want to sell them and are they collectible?

Hi Steve

These were produced as merchandising displays for restaurants and retail shops that carried these wines for sale--and they were produced by the thousands.  While yours are older than most, they still don't seem to have much value.  I've seen them in antique shops for $10-25 or so.

You could just. List them on ebaay and see if you caan finnd a couple of people to bid them up, but I don't think you'll get much more thaan that.

Sorry that I don't have more exciting news for you.

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.