Wine/types of wine

I don't know what am doing and the nice people at the liquor store are not knowledgeable enough. I like the Mogan David Concord Grape and the blackberry although the are a little to sweet. The Cupcake Vineyards put out a Moscato D'Asti that is great. Will all Moscatos taste simular ? Surely, you could advise or direct me to a website where wines are put in some sort of order according to taste or other things to delicate for me to tell the difference between.
That Cucake Moscato sure is good, but surely there are more that are simular if I just knew what catogory to look at.
Thanks for your time and advice !

Steve Wilburn

Stores generally don't organize wines by sweetness although you could check Best Cellars as they have a unique categorizing system based on wine style rather than where it's from. Moscato D'Asti is an Italian DOC wine which is well regulated and overall good quality. Stick with it, there are many different producers, most very good. Have you tried any German wines. Something like Dr. L Riesling would probably suit you but any from off-dry to Kabinett sweetness will work. White Zinfadel is also a style to check out. Most are slightly but not too sweet.  

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.