Wine/vintage port

I have one bottle of port dated 1963 (Alto Douro)
Portwine Growers
Does this have any value as I do not drink port?

Hi Henry,

1963 was a famous vintage that always attracts bids at auction but I'm afraid Borges failed to match the standards set by the major firms so I don't think you'd find it easy to sell a single bottle to a wine enthusiast.

Your best bet would probably be to see if a local general auctioneer would accept it - hoping that their valuer has heard of 1963 but not Borges!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.