Wine/Vintage Port Wine Valuation

Can you tell me the value of a 1975 Vintage Port, Vineyard  Angle Vale, District Adelaide Plains South Australia Australia.

Hi Gary,

Langton's sold sold some of these in Melbourne in 2010 with a catalogue valuation of AUS$ 10-15 so I think that would still apply if the bottle is in good condition in terms of level, label and capsule.

I doubt if they'd accept a single bottle for sale though so I suggest you drink it!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.