Wine/Barolo wine

Hi, I have a 3 liter Bottle of Beni di Batasiolo Barolo, in a wooden presentation box, its dated 2000 and 13,5% vol it also has L4-969 printed on the label(I don't know if that means anything)could you give me any indication to its value.

Hi Gian,

I'm afraid 2000 hasn't lived-up to initial hopes for the vintage so this is probably into decline by now; however I think you could hope for bids in the £40/80 range at auction. Bid for Wine ( could probably help you sell this, if that's in your mind.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.