Wine/bottle of wine value

Question
I have a unopened bottle of F.lli Scala Vino, Lacrima Christi Del Vesuvio Scala F.lli MarioeRenato Scala Soc Resp. Limit. Fond. 1944 Net Capacity - 1 pine - and 9 fluid ounces alcoholic contents per Volume 12 1/2 Napoli Italia Rosso Secco The bottle is green, the cork is sealed in red wax or rubber not sure with a signature of M. R. Figli di Parguali Seals and it has Napoli stamped on top of the sealed wax cork.  Can you tell me if this bottle of wine is worth anything.  

Thanks in advance for your help

Linda Seals

Answer
HI Linda

Thanks for writing.  You've done a good job of giving me all the information I need to know!

This wine was never meant for long-term aging, and it won't get a lot better with age.  The original price was under $20, and it hasn't appreciated in value since then. If it were mine, I would open it up and try it---and I would have a backup bottle on hand, just in case this one is well over the hill.

By the way, here is a link to another producer in the same region--there is a nice story about how the wine in this region got its name!

http://whatsworthdrinking.com/2010/06/04/post-24-lacrima-christi-del-vesuvio/

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner