Wine/empty 1877 bottle of williams and humbert

Question
bottle bottom
bottle bottom  

bottle
bottle  
I would like to know if this is an old bottle and approximately what is it worth. Thanks for your info,Mike

Answer
HI Michael

I don't have great news for you.  This firm was founded in 1877---so many of their bottles carry this date on the cartouche (that raised seal on the bottle).   But I don't see it on their current bottlings. Their current products are not really expensive--I recently purchased a bottle of one of their better dessert Sherries for about $30.

But I am an expert on wines, not on collectible bottles.  No wine connoisseur would pay much money for this empty bottle, but a bottle collector might be more interested.  You can find out from the nice people at antiquebottles.com

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner