Wine/Royal Wedding Celebration Port 1981

Front 1
Front 1  

Front 2
Front 2  
Hi , I have an un opened bottle of Australian made Miranda Wines Wedding Celebration Port vintage 1981.
I would like to sell the bottle and would like your opinion on it's value.
It is a Tawny Port  blended from 1965/68/69 vintages of 100% Shiraz ( Nericon Estate Griffith NSW )
It has won Gold at the 78 Hobart show and Silver at the 78 Griffith Show.
All this information is on the rear of the bottle .
I will send you a picture of the front of the bottle it will be self explanatory.

Hi Campbell,,

Commemorative 'Ports' have some appeal to collectors but don't usually have a high value. I suggest you ask Isle of Wine ( in Tasmania if they'd make you an offer to buy this for stock as they specialise in these wines.

Or ask Langton's ( what auction catalogue value they'd suggest - if they'd accept a single bottle.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.