Wine/Wine Bottle

I have a 1977 Mirafiore vino rosso Italian red table wine. The bottle is approximately 31 inches tall green with a twisted neck. Can you give me the value?

Hi Trina,

You're describing a typical fancy bottle that was made as a tourist souvenir by one of the Italian glass makers. The contents will be the cheapest wine the producer could find as they are only there to show-off their skills - not for drinking.

Sorry but there is no value here so I'd keep it on display if you like it or dump it.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.