Wine/Champagne valuation

Question
Champagne
Champagne  
Hi David,
I have a half bottle of Brut 1959 champagne pommery. Is it of any value?

Answer
Hi Dermot,

This was a famous Champagne vintage in its day but I'm afraid half bottles don't attract collectors as they age much more quickly than larger formats.

I don't think the potential value remaining would reach the minimum thresholds set by most auction houses so this wouldn't be easy to sell. So, sorry but I can't see any value here and I'd drink it for the experience - but with something else on stand-by in case it's declined too far to still be enjoyable.

David
.

Wine

David Ling