Could you give me an approximate value of Madame Gaston Briand Paradis. I have one unopened bottle. Also one bottle of the lesser expensive Grand 1 er Cru of same name.
Originally from Purveyors of Fine wines in Greenwich Village NYC. I am now located in Monmouth County New Jersey
Any assistance would be appreciated. thank you

Hi Val,

This is difficult to value as I don't know of any US retailer with this in stock so I have no local benchmark but, judging by European prices, I think you'd have to pay well into four figures USD if you could find any.

If you have it in mind to sell these, I suggest you ask Wine Commune ( to help.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.