Wine/The Price

I have a bottle of Chateau Gardour Lalande De Pomerol 1982, I was about to open it and a friend said no it might be worth something. So I was wondering how much is it worth?

Hi Yolanda,

It's always worth checking but I'm afraid your friend was being optimistic here.

Firstly: Lalande de Ps only command a fraction of the price of Pomerols,  led by Ch Petrus, and have a much shorter life.

Secondly: Only the very top 1982s still have much appeal or value after so long and this isn't one of the few.

Thirdly: The potential value is some way short of the minimum thresholds set by auctioneers so you'd find it very difficult to sell.

Sorry, but I'd go ahead and open it for the experience with something else, and younger, on standby in case the Gardour has declined too far to still give pleasure after so long.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.