Wine/Wine value

I have a bottle of Grand Vin de Chateau Latour Premier Grand Cru Classe 1967 wine.  I am interested in selling it but have no idea what a reasonable price would be.  I live in the Ontario Oregon.  I have looked online but I see a wide variety of prices for this particular wine.  Any information would be appreciated.

Even though it's a top tier Bordeaux it's not a very desirable wine for auction for a couple of reasons. 1967 was a poor vintage and even though the wine may have been well made since it is Latour, it would not be expected to last nearly this long. Any potential buyer would be extremely wary because of the poor vintage and the wine's maturity. They would want to know that it has been stored in perfect cellar conditions. Your best bet if you don't know anyone that wants to buy it is to put it up on a wine auction website like with a reserve of about $25.  

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.