Wine/1979 A. Charbaut & Fils Certificate Champagne Rose

Question
Hi, I have a 1.5 litre 1979 A. Charbaut & Fils Certificate limited edition Champagne Rose (Brut Epernay).
It comes in the original wooden box. It also has the plastic wrapping around it altho thats a bit perished.
There is also a little gold card in the box with instructions on how to receive a signed certificate (which I never requested)
Is it any good to drink and could it fetch a few pounds?
Thanks...

Answer
Hi Jarrod,

This dates from the period before the then family-owned makers were acquired by Vranken-Pomery and is interesting to me personally as I enjoyed a similar bottle in around 1982 in the company of Guy Charbaut. But I'm afraid it is very old indeed now for a rosÚ as these are always at their best when young, IMHO.

Thus it's difficult to see significant value remaining after so long, although you could ask a local auctioneer if they'd accept it and what bids they could anticipate.

I doubt if it would offer the same pleasure as I had from this when young but it won't do you any harm if you want to try it for the experience.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling