Wine/Crests Blanca

Souvenir wine
Souvenir wine  
My mother has had two of these bottles since  the thirties and is curious about them.

Hi Ernest,

There's a bit about Cresta Blanca and its role in pre-prohibition wine making in California at that you and your mother may like to see.

There's no possibility of pleasure from opening these bottles but they could interest a museum if you mum needs the space so don't throw them out without doing some research!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.