Wine/1991 Charles Krug

I have a few bottles of wine purchased in California and we are wondering what they are worth.
1991 Charles Krug Napa Valley Gamay Beaujolias
1983 Louis M Martini North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
1986 Sebastiani Sonoma County Pinot Noir

Thank You

HI Heather

These are three very different wines.  The Gamay was made to be light and fresh--and to be drunk young.  It is was way past its prime ten years ago, and has lost all charm and value, sorry to say.

The Pinot is also on its last legs--it will have lost most of its fruit, and will be faded and tired.

But the Martini Cabernet might still have some life,  If it has been stored in a very cool dark, place, it could be very nice indeed.  Of course, if it got too warm, it will also be over the hill.

in general, except for very rare cases of the top cabernets, most Californian wines do not last twenty years or more---so if you have others like this, drink them up now!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.