Wine/Value of a bottle of port

Question
Hello.i am from nr kings lynn Norfolk ,I have a bottle of PANTHEON PORT by W&A GILBEY LTD is produce of Portugal. it was my granddads I was told it was bottled before the first world war it is still full and sealed
Thank Martyn

Answer
Hi Martyn,

There's a bit about Gilbey's and their base at the old Pantheon Theatre at http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/W._and_A._Gilbey that you may like to see but I'm afraid I can find no information about that Port.

However, I imagine this will have been London-bottled and a blend in either the Ruby or Tawny styles - although it would be difficult to tell those apart after a century in bottle as most of the fruit will have been lost over the years to leave a spirit dominance.

You don't say if you have it in mind to sell this but TW Glaze in Diss hold occasional wine auctions and they may be willing to suggest  a catalogue valuation if you attended one of their valuation days by appointment.

David
.

Wine

David Ling