Wine/Vinho do Porto-Cruzadas

Mystery Vinho do Porto
Mystery Vinho do Porto  

Mystery Vinho do Port
Mystery Vinho do Port  

This empty bottle was recently given to me by an older relative. It has been in our family home's pantry for years. I am very taken by it's aesthetics. It now has a home on my mantel. I have tried to find any information about it via the web to no avail. Can you help me? My biggest questions are value, vintage and history.

Thank you very much,

Hi Rachel,

I know a bit about wines but not a lot about old bottles, however I can tell you that this predates the introduction of metric bottle sizing in 1980 and that it comes from the old-established firm of Da Silva ( who might be willing to respond if you sent them an email.

You also join the forum at and ask if anyone there can help you.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.