Wine/wine oil lamp

I work in a liquor store, today we found 2 of these and we were wondering what they are worth if anything and maybe a year they were made.  produced and bottled in Italy by Centro Esportazione Vini Italliani Nobil - pontedera, Itally  Imported by Consolidated Distilled Products, Inc Chicago IL.  SOLE USA distributor

Italian red 750 ML table wine alcohol 10%-13% by Vol

On the original box:
Perfectly working a sophisticated reproduction of an old-style lamp. Hand blown by Florentine glass masters.

This an oil lamp with the base being green in color.  It has not been opened, the wine is clumpy and no good as far as looks, so I know the wine is no good, but I was wondering what the value of this is in it's original condition?  Could you please advise me by email as well as public.
Thank you

Hi Glenna,

Fancy wine bottles in various forms are popular tourist souvenirs in Italy and are sometimes exported for display use in restaurants and wine merchants. They always contain the cheapest wine the maker can find as it's only used to show-off the bottle and isn't intended for drinking.

If your store doesn't want to display them, it could try offering them as an incentive to encourage customers to buy more wine but I don't think they have a high value.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.