Wine/Morgan Champagne!!

Morgan Champagne
Morgan Champagne  
Back in 2009 we were lucky enough to purchase a new Morgan sports car, our car was one of only 20 cars released to comemerate 100 years of the Morgan Motor Company in Malvern on the 1st of January 2009.
We were invited to a Champagne breakfast and when collecting our car they were all parked in a horse shoe loop with a bottle of Champagne in front of each car especially for the new owners. We still have our unopened bottle still in its celephane wrapper and photo`s of it infront of the car. my problem is what do i do with it?? we are not collectors and it seems a shame to waste it.
Its a 1500ml bottle with silver MORGAN emblem it says Cuvee Des Lys brut, Grand Cru A Bouzy,champagne Jean Marie Bandock, France.... Would this be of more interest to a collector, if i sold it where is the best place to do this. Such a lovely gift from the Morgan Factory and i almost feel guilty even thinkig of selling it. We are Gloucestershire based

Hi Maggie,

JM Bandock is a small specialist Champagne producer so I can understand why Morgan chose such a source for presents to give to their customers.

But it's not a name that would attract bids at auction in the same way as the big houses so that might not be the best sales route for this magnum.

I suggest you offer it to other Morgan owners via the MSCC ( as a start but J Straker Chadwick's ( aren't far from you and I'm sure they'd help if the club can't.

BTW: Nice colour, which engine do you have? (I did much of my courting in a blue Plus Four with the TR3!)

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.