I have two unopened 3/4 size bottles of Moet & Chandon 1947--I guess these are more antiques than anything--do they have any value please?

Hi Andrew,

This was a popular bottle size in the UK at the time because 'Jennies' were just right for a gentleman to drink on his own if he didn't want a full bottle but a half wasn't enough.

They died out when standardisation ruled that wine could only be sold in 750ml bottles or fractions/multiples thereof. (Dunno why you can still buy beer in 500ml bottles and cans though!)

Anyway, I'm afraid there's no possibility of pleasure from drinking such old Champagne and you'd find it difficult to sell such curiosities so it's difficult to see any value in these.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.