Wine/Champagne bottle value

I have a unopened bottle of 1937 Mercier Epernay Extra Dry Champagne.  The bottle and label are in very good condition. Wanted to know an estimate of what its value may be?

Hi Lorren,

I'm afraid it's difficult to see how you might find a buyer for a single bottle of any pre-war Champagne as I don't know any merchant who'd make you an offer, nor any auction house that would accept it for sale.

Sorry but that means this is effectively worthless.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.