I have in my possesiona bottle of De Venoge & Cie,Yve De Mun Extra Quality Brut it was bought in the early 60's on a stop over in the area by an RAF Queens flight Pilot.
Does it hold any value in pure rareity terms as im sure you will say its pretty much undrinkable.

Hi Glenn,

You're right to think that a Champagne from the 'early '60s' will be way past its best and I'm not sure that the Queen's Flight association would be very appealling to collectors.

But you're not far from Stratford-upon-Avon so I suggest you pop in to Bigwood's ( by appointment as they often get good prices for old oddments.

Good luck!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.