Wine/Madeira Vintage 1906

Question
Hello. I cleaned out my mother's home 5 years ago and took a few bottles that she had kept that were her father's. If you can shed any light on them it would be greatly appreciated. They are the following:

Selected Malmsey - Fine Madeira Wine, Vintage 1906
Bottled and exported by OscarAcciaioly, Madiera Island.

Ruffino Aleatico Dessert Wine SALENTO Vintage 1951
Produced and bottled by I.L. Ruffino Pontassieve (Firenze) Italy

E. Remy Martin & Co Cognac Grand Champagne No. B.27869

I look forward to your response and thank you in advance.

Lauren
Westport, CT USA

Answer
Dear Lauren,

Liqueur wine produced in Madeira Island (Portugal) by heating. This is a very old vintage and should still be very drinkable. These old Madeiras are quite rich and aromatic. Be sure to use it as a dessert wine with english cake or scones with marmalade. Made from Malvasia grape.

Another liqueur wine, this one produced in South Italy. Made from Primitivo grape. Goes well with dried figs.

This is the finest of Cognac Brandy appellations. 100% is coming from the Grand Champagne vineyard of Cognac. Bears no relation whatsoever with the sparkling wine Champagne area that lies about 500 kms away.

Wine

Antonio Rocha Graša