Wine/Old bottles found in Mom's home

Question
Hello. I cleaned out my mother's home 5 years ago and took a few bottles that she had kept that were her father's. If you can shed any light on them it would be greatly appreciated. They are the following:

Selected Malmsey - Fine Madeira Wine, Vintage 1906
Bottled and exported by OscarAcciaioly, Madiera Island.

Ruffino Aleatico Dessert Wine SALENTO Vintage 1951
Produced and bottled by I.L. Ruffino Pontassieve (Firenze) Italy

E. Remy Martin & Co Cognac Grand Champagne No. B.27869

I look forward to your response and thank you in advance.

Lauren
Westport, CT USA

Answer
Lauren,
An interesting lot. The Remy Martin Cognac should be very good. Grande Champagne is the top region of production in Cognac and of course Remy Martin is an excellent producer. Because it is a spirit it should still be good to drink though it will not have improved with age. The Ruffino dessert wine is something rare. Not in a collectible sense but a wine of modest cost that doesn't get exported. Unfortunately it's age is a problem and I would be very surprised if it is still drinkable. It's probably made from Malvasia grapes which is the same variety that your Madeira is made with but they call it Malmsey. The Madeira is very intriguing in that vintage Madeiras can age quite a long time and Malmsey Madeiras are sweetest and age the best. Still kind of a long shot that it's still good unless it's been perfectly stored. In pristine condition in could be worthy several hundred, perhaps a thousand dollars. Very difficult to sell a single bottle with unproven provenance but you should by all means give it a try. Hope this was helpful.  

Wine

Joshua Farrell