Wine/Will room temp wine be okay at wedding?

Question
I am wanting to buy some personalized wine labels and use wine as part of my wedding reception centerpieces. This will be the only alcohol at the wedding, and is primarily only for the toast. I am afraid though that it will taste too icky at room temperature. It is just the cheap stuff, Strawberry Boonsfarm. Like I said, it is mainly there for decoration and the toast, so will it be okay for my guests to drink at room temp?

Answer
Hi Leah

You've hit the nail on the head with this question.  That type of wine is really best at about 50~55 degrees, and your room will be closer to 70~75.

And you can't just superchill the wine in advance, because it will still warm up to room temperature in about 30 minutes...and will get covered in condensation in the meantime!

What about putting those private labels on some empty bottles (you could even put flowers in them) and then serve the wine later, in chilled bottles with the same label?

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner