Wine/1982 Don perione

I have come into possession of a bottle of Don perione from 1983, I personally am not informed in the area of vintage wines. If you or someone equally reputable could fill me in about this particular bottle I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks and good day.

Hi Dane,

I think you probably meant Dom Perignon, Moet's top blend of Champagne?

Assuming that and you have the '83 you mention in your question rather than the '82, you have one of the best wines from a rather average vintage but it will have been in decline since around 2000 so is some way past its memorable best, even if it's always been kept lying down in a cool dark place.

(If you have the '82, my comments would be similar, except that this was a far better vintage generally but not for DP.)

I envy your acquisition either way though.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.