Wine/Finest Cream Sherry

In 1976 my husband "drove" a bathtub from San Pedro to Catalina to raise money for the "Jerry Lewis Telethon." He was sponsored by our local Escondido Jaycees. When he made it to Catalina, the official "greeter" of Catalina gave him a certificate that we took to a liquor store where we exchanged the certificate for a beautiful gold bottle of Riise Finest Cream Sherry blended and bottled by Sanchez Romate Hnos. (Jerez de la Frontera-Spain). Is this bottle of unopened Sherry worth anything?
Thank you for your time,
Vicki Gustine

Hi Vicki,

That's an interesting story but I don't think it adds much to the resale value of the bottle, which I'm afraid you may find difficult to sell as I doubt if the potential offer price would reach the minimum thresholds set by auction houses and merchants.

Sorry but I can't see any value in this.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.