Wine/Moet champagne

Question
Sir,
I have an unopened (no seepage) Vintage 1961 cuvee dom perignon, label has a nick towards the bottom of the shield.
I understand this could be collectable, should I keep or open & drink?
Thx,
Paul

Answer
Paul, the nick won't lower much the value of the bottle. I tried a 1966 not long ago and it was in perfect condition. 1961 is considered a supreme year for Dom Perignon, so it should be even better. You can still keep it but, if I were in your shoes, I would open it: you never know if you still will be able to have it tomorrow! And if you need someone to have it with, I would have my hand raised high...with a Vintage Port Bottle to go with!

Wine

Antonio Rocha Graša