Wine/Red Cross Pure Grape Brandy

I received a bottle if this one pint 8 oz bottle of Red Cross Grape Brandy by the Wm Bergenthal Company. I cannot find any information on it, as it seems he was more of a whisky distiller. I was wondering if it has any value, or is drinkable, or both. Thank you for your consideration!

Hi Kelby,

I'm not an expert on pre-prohibition US distilleries but it might be worth asking Wine Commune ( if the historic interest might make this an attractive lot for them to auction.

Alternatively, Milwaukee Public Museum ( might be interested in acquiring it for their collection of local history.

I'd certainly try it if you draw blanks with both of those ideas - if only for the experience!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.