I only drink about four glasses each week, in the evenings. Q.1: Mogan David Blackberry and Concords are a touch to sweet and the Barefoot brand, Refresh, sweet white is a touch to bitter. Is there not a chart somewhere that puts wines in some sort of order ????  Q.2: Is there any wines that have less sulfides which seem to make our feet swell a little bit ?

Thanks for your time and patience with a beginner,

Unfortunately there is no universal grouping of wines by sweetness. Have you tried any of the German whites like Blue Nun? Or a Moscato? They are sweet but a little less so than the Blackberry and Concord wines. Sulfites occur in wines naturally as part of the fermentation process. Organic wines tend to have less than inorganic. Of course organic wines are a little more money. Bonterra is a good, reasonably priced organic. The wines are dry however.  

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.