Wine/wine value

I am not much of a wine connoisseur but, I received a bottle of bolla valpolicella,vendemmia vintage 1986 years ago as a gift. I was just wondering if u could give me an estimated value?

HI Alicia

Valpolicella is a red wine from the Veneto--the region of Italy near Venice, and it is usually made in a style that is best when it is young and fresh.  That's certainly the Bolla style.  And that means that this wine was never really made to age.  It was made to drink within a few years of release.  

By now it will have lost most of its charm--faded fruit and even a bit brown in color.  

I'm sorry to the bearer of sad news but this one won't have any value to collectors or connoisseurs.

I wish I could help you more...

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.