Wine/wine value

Question
I am not much of a wine connoisseur but, I received a bottle of bolla valpolicella,vendemmia vintage 1986 years ago as a gift. I was just wondering if u could give me an estimated value?

Answer
HI Alicia

Valpolicella is a red wine from the Veneto--the region of Italy near Venice, and it is usually made in a style that is best when it is young and fresh.  That's certainly the Bolla style.  And that means that this wine was never really made to age.  It was made to drink within a few years of release.  

By now it will have lost most of its charm--faded fruit and even a bit brown in color.  

I'm sorry to the bearer of sad news but this one won't have any value to collectors or connoisseurs.

I wish I could help you more...

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner