Good afternoon,

I have a 3.75 litre bottle of Duca d'Asti Barolo Riserva 1973. The bottle appears to be hand made as it is assimetrical and is in a wooden stand that tips to be able to serve the wine. The bottle has a cork label and a wax seal. I am curious as to the value of this bottle of wine and if you think anybody may be interested in buying it.

Anna Pointing

Hi Anna,

This wasn't a great vintage for Barolo and your bottle is now very old so it's difficult to suggest a value. The presentation might not attract wine enthusiasts either as I think you're describing a tourist souvenir.

None-the-less, you could probably find a buyer on eBay Spain ( - one of the few that accept wines. (You may have to work through a registered seller but I don't know their conditions and can't read Spanish!)

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.