Wine/Barolo wine 1989

Hello, We bought a bottle of Barolo in Italy some years ago , the vintage is 1989 It is Bersano Antico Conti Della Cremosina.Can you advise on whether it has any monetary value? Thanks

Hi Catherine,

This is from a very good vintage in Piemonte but is now rather old. None the less, it might attract bids at auction if, and only if, the bottle has always been stored lying down in a cool dark place and is pristine in terms of level, lable and capsule.

I don't know any specialist wine auctionerers near you so I'd try Bid for Wine ( if you have it in mind to sell.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.