Wine/MOET & CHANDON Brut Imperial

Sir, I own a 6 liters bottle - unopened - of M&C Brut Imperial. There is no date on the bottle/label.  Label on the neck has the red stamp "By Appointment to Her" etc. Back side of the neck has MOET.  Back side bottom has the stamp "Imported by Schieffelin & Somerset Co., New York, N.Y.  Front side main label is:
Brut Imperial
Maison fondee * en 1743

I won this in a drawing about 20 years ago.
Again, no date.
My questions are:  What is it's possible value, and Do you know of a person/place on the island of Oahu/Hawaii/USA who I could contact to either obtain additional information or dispense of the item?  Regards and I very much appreciate your time.  
Roy Valentine

Hi Roy,

Champagne always matures better and keeps longer in large formats such as yours so 20 years of storage won't have done it any harm IF, and only IF, you've always kept it lying down in a cool dark place.

However, large formats can be difficult to sell as few people want to be able to pour so much at one time.

I don't know any wine auctioneers in Hawaii who would be able to help so I suggest you ask Wine Commune ( if they accept entries from there.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.