Wine/Barsac - Yates Brothers Label - No year on label

Yates Brothers Label
Yates Brothers Label  

Picture of Bottle
Picture of Bottle  
     I was wondering if you could help with identifying this bottle of wine.
It is a Barsac, the label reads 'Produce of France' then 'Grand Vin' and then 'Barsac'.
Next is 'Bottled by Yates Brothers Wine Lodges Ltd' , the address is 'Southall St manchester 3'
There is no other date marking on it. Is it possible to tell the years from the label? If so is it worth anything or just to enjoy drinking it?
We obtained the bottle when we were clearing out the library of a relative who had passed away. She was an ex headmistress and the library was very extensive and was temperature controlled due to some of the rare books she had.
I hope that you can help.
Many thanks

Hi Paul,

This is a non-vintage blend of wines from the Barsac district of Sauternes produced for a UK pub group that's not known for the quality of its wine offerings, despite its name.

It seems old, from its deep colour, so I hope it's still enjoyable as it would e very difficult to sell.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.