Wine/champagne

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
My parents have a bottle of veuve clicquot dated 1919. The bottle is in good condition and the cork has still has the foil and wire on it. The label looks good as well. How much do you think this bottle would be worth.

Many Thanks
Stephen

ANSWER: Hi Stephen,

This is very difficult to value as Champagne of this age would only appeal to collectors and enthusiasts wanting to try one for the experience.

Please come back telling me whereabouts in the UK you are and I'll see if I can suggest a specialist auctioneer who might be able to help.

David
.

QUESTION: Thank you David for responding. We live in Norfolk, near Norwich.

Thanks Stephen

Answer
Hi Stephen,

I think the nearest auctioneer to you who holds regular wine auctions is TW Glaze in Diss (http://www.twgaze.co.uk/ ) so I'd start by making an appointment to meet their specialist valuer there.

An alternative would be to try these on-line wine auctioneers: http://www.bidforwine.co.uk/

Good luck,

David
.

Wine

David Ling