Wine/1978 Perrier-Jout Fleur de Champagne Special Reserve

Question
 Fleur De Champagne
Fleur De Champagne  

Fleur de Champagne
Fleur de Champagne  
My husband and I received a gift set of a 1978 Perrier-Jout Fleur de Champagne Special Reserve. It is in a satin lined box with 4 hand painted flutes that match the hand painted bottle. The Champagne is unopened and has been stored in a cool dry place for 36 years. I am sure it is not drinkable at this point, but I can not find any information one what it might be worth to a collector. The bottle and flutes are beautiful. I am hoping to find it's approximate value and the right direction to proceed in finding collectors with interest in purchasing this set.

Answer
Kimberly,
Good vintage Champagne does age very well under ideal wine cellar conditions, however, as you say it is very likely that the wine is not drinkable at this point. Therefore a collector will not be interested in the wine or the set. If you want to try to sell it your best bet is to put it on a wine auction site like winebid.com or wine commune.com. Good luck.

Wine

Joshua Farrell