Wine/Old Local Bottle Of Wine

Old bottle of wine
Old bottle of wine  

Old bottle of wine
Old bottle of wine  
We recently came across a 1977 bottle of Duhr's Krover Nacktarsch produce of German Light Moselle Wine.
The bottle is green in color with a very unusual label of man spanking a child with a back round of wine kegs.
It has a label that states imported by central coast wine company inc. Santa Cruz California being spelled Californie USA.
There are some numbers on the bottles label eO,7L trier as well as N not sure of the next two letters because for grape leaf  then three numbers 561 019/18/78.
Any information that you could provide us with would be greatly appreciate .
Thank -you some much for your time.
Sincerely yours RAHodges

Germany isn't really my field but I can tell you that any Moselle that doesn't name a grape variey on the label will probably be a low-cost blend based on Müller-Thurgau.

'Duhr' may refer to a winemaker of that name in Luxemburg, which is bounded on west by the Moselle river, who may have bought grapes across the border and bottled the resulting wine for sale in the USA.

"Bare Bottom" isn't a name I'd have chosen for a brand but that's what Krover Nacktarsch means!

This would be impossible for you to sell lawfully and there's no chance that the wine will still be drinkable after this time so I suggest you keep the bottle on display as a talking point!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.