Our friend has a bottle of Caves De H. Mouquin   labeled " Port cup" It does not have a year except 1927 written in pencil on the label. It does say U.S. Int. Revenue Permit, N.Y. H-21616
we have no idea about it as it was purchased by her husband who has since passed away.
If you have any information about it we would appreciate it.
Thank You
Jim Johansen

Hello, this is a Port-type wine, not the real thing. It was made in the United States.

H. Mouquin was an important character in teaching about fine wine and food to the American public in the late 1800's.

Check for more information.

Antonio Rocha Graša

Viticulture issues, enology / winemaking issues. Wine regions of the world, with specialisation in the wines of Portugal, including Port. Tasting and sensory analysis, chemical analysis and the relation between both. Wine industry and wine economics (BUT NOT PRICES OF WINES). Sources of information regarding any aspect of wine. The human element of the wine industry and the integration of all aspects and sciences that concur to make a wine. Terroir.

I have been a winemaker for 20 years. I am also in charge of the R&D department of the largest wine company in Portugal.

Sogrape Vinhos S.A. ADVID (Association for the Development of Viticulture in Douro)

Degree in Enology - UTAD, Vila Real, Portugal