Wine/Port

Question
Our friend has a bottle of Caves De H. Mouquin   labeled " Port cup" It does not have a year except 1927 written in pencil on the label. It does say U.S. Int. Revenue Permit, N.Y. H-21616
we have no idea about it as it was purchased by her husband who has since passed away.
If you have any information about it we would appreciate it.
Thank You
Jim Johansen

Answer
Hello, this is a Port-type wine, not the real thing. It was made in the United States.

H. Mouquin was an important character in teaching about fine wine and food to the American public in the late 1800's.

Check http://history.mouquin.com/vino.shtml for more information.

Wine

Antonio Rocha Graša