Wine/Port valuations

I have a set of Karrawirra Famous Aircraft Series 1983 Vintage Port, will it be still ok and approximately how much is it worth all six bottles. Thank you

Hi Chris,

These should still be fine if you've kept them lying down in a cool dark place.

I'd rather not speculate regarding the value of this set but suggest you ask Isle of Wine in Tasmania ( what they'd offer as this company specialises in collectable Australian Ports.

Or you could ask Langton's ( to suggest an auction catalogue value if you were to enter them into one of their auctions.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.