Wine/Value of 1914 Bonaparte croizet cognac

Question
1914 Croizet 1
1914 Croizet 1  

1914 Croizet 2
1914 Croizet 2  
Hello David,
I wonder whether you can advise me on the value of an old bottle of cognac I have discovered when clearing the house of a family member.
I'm attaching photographs.
The bottle has a 1914 stamp and reads "Croizet Bonaparte Cognac Fine Champagne". Unfortunately, the label is torn and the 1914 wax stamp is a little chipped around the edges, but the bottle is otherwise undamaged and remains sealed.
Hope you can help.
Many thanks

Answer
Hi Kirsty,

Old vintage Cognacs have a devoted following of collectors and Crozet is a respected name so I suggest you ask The Whisky Exchange (http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/) to make you an offer to buy for stock or to sell this for you on a commission basis - which might produce a higher price if you can wait for it to sell.

I'd expect a pristine bottle to retail at over £1000, plus VAT, but the damage on yours will reduce that. Good luck!

David
.

Wine

David Ling