Wine/wine

Question
QUESTION: David
I saw a similar question but thought I would ask about a bottle of wine I have.

I have a rather interesting 1 pint (9 fl.oz)bottle (artistically made)of Isabel Rose, alcohol 11%, bottled by C Da Silva in 1964.  It is wax sealed with a cork underneath.  No idea of value if any.  Do you know?

ANSWER: Hi Dave,

Sorry but this is effectively worthless as it would be impossible for you to sell it lawfully in the US. (Because no merchant or auction house would accept a single bottle of such low potential value.)

You couldn't expect any pleasure from drinking such an old rosÚ either so I suggest you keep it on display as a conversation piece.

Sorry!

David
.

QUESTION: Thanks for responding. Curiosity question, why would it be unlawful to sell it in the US?

Answer
Hi Dave,

Sale of alcohol in the US is only allowed by merchants who hold a licence to do so - and pay taxes on their transations. Thus your only lawful sales route would be to find a licenced merchant interested in buying from you - with a view to selling-on at a (taxable!) profit.

And nobody would do that with a VERY old bottle of rosÚ!

David
.

Wine

David Ling