Wine/ luze & fils Bordeaux superieur

I have just acquired a 71/2 inch tall bottle of 1934 luze & fils Bordeaux superieur and have been trying to find information on this. I have not had any luck on this particular bottle but have learned a lot along the way. I hope hoping you might know something about this item.I would appreciate any information you be able to provide. This bottle is unopened and the labels are in great condition. There is also a certification label on back and Minnesota tax stamps on top still.

Hi Timothy,

There's not much I can tell you about this particular bottle but some general points may be relevant:

A de Luze is a historic Bordeaux merchant, the company dating from 1820; it was acquired by the Cognac house Rémy Martin in 1980.

Bordeaux Superieur is a lowly classification used for blended wines below the level of AC Medoc or the higher levels such as AC Margaux. Thus your bottle never commanded a high price.

1934 was one of the best vintages of he 1930s. (But your bottle would have been at its best before the end of that decade and will have been in decline since then.)

It would be impossible for you to sell it as the potential value would be far below the monimum price thresholds set by all merchants and auctioneers and it is thus effectively worthless.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.