Wine/La Rioja Alta S.A cosecha 1975

Question
Wine
Wine  
Hi David
I wonder if you can help me a friend has given me a bottle la Rioja alta 1975 I great condition could you tell me a valuation on the wine pleats would be very helpful
Regards
Vincent

Answer
Hi Vincent,

This is vrery difficult to value accurately as the '75s have long-since disappeared from merchants shelves so you could only gauge its value for resale via auction, less commission.

But I hope you weren't thinking of selling such a lovely gift as this bottle of 904, which you may not realise is one of the finest Riojas made.

Younger bottles that are available from UK  merchants range in price, according to their maturity, from £30+ to nearly £100, plus VAT.

I suggest you invite your friend to dinner and share it with him/her!

David
.  

Wine

David Ling